Human Resources Manager
Great position for someone who desires to work for a mission-based organization, while receiving terrific benefits, a flexible schedule, and access to a free private gym and onsite parking
This position will help drive HR operational excellence, and ongoing monitoring of key HR transformation initiatives, with a focus on transforming (c) Management, Inc. Human Resources from a function of service delivery to a driver of strategic talent, business outcomes, and overall world-class employee experience.
Reporting to the VP/CEO, this role will be primarily responsible for creating, leading, and executing strategies to grow employee engagement, increase retention, and attract top talent. Aligned with the company’s mission this position will build and maintain a culture that recognizes and develops employees, ensure legal compliance, and facilitate company growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct sensitive employee investigations, including determining appropriate investigation strategies
- Direct HR processes and implement recruitment process, Benefits Administration, Orientation presentations, and onboarding process
- Partner with business leaders to update and accomplish process assurance compliance in company policies, compensation, performance improvement, and performance management
- Coordinate employee engagement initiatives
- Coach and mentor supervisors on improved processes, policies, and procedures
- Focus on internal process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy in each of the departments
- Plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource department
- Develop programs that ensure legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission
- Build and maintain a company culture that recognizes, develops and challenges employees
- Building a pipeline of high-quality job candidates
- Develop programs to retain talent
- Manage training and certification pathways for employees
- Actively participate in cross-departmental CORE Group—contributing ideas, expertise, and collaborative effort on a wide range of activities.
- Hire and train staff for the HR department.
- Oversee the daily workflow of the department.
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administer and/or oversee the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identify staffing and recruiting needs; develop and execute best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conduct research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; apply this knowledge to suggest changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Train management in interviewing, hiring, diversity, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, FMLA, HIPAA, and sexual harassment.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- Minimum of eight years of human resource management experience required, and at least 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Efficient home-office set-up to accommodate flexible work schedule
- CMI requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated. Accommodation due to a disability or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law.
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off – vacation, sick, personal, and float days
- Annual salary review and growth opportunities; this position is eligible for annual merit bonus
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision plan options
- HSA with employer contribution
- Short- and long-term disability and AD&D options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite parking, gym, and cafe
CMI is committed to cultivating and preserving the culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents our culture. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter with salary and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.