CMI is seeking a Clinical Content Manager to support its Oncology State Society (OSS) clients. The Manager will work closely with the OSS Account Executives and member Planning Committees to produce content for their meetings that will educate and inform healthcare professionals with the goal of improving patient outcomes.
Primary responsibilities will be focused on utilizing the Manager’s clinical training and experience to analyze and interpret clinical data to help craft meeting content. Candidates for this position must demonstrate superior communication skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly and multitask to meet deadlines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to, and support, the content development process for 34 OSS meetings annually.
- Read medical literature, remain aware of late-breaking news/publications, and routinely observe competitors’ educational offerings to ensure expertise in therapeutic areas.
- Develop needs assessment, gap analysis, and learning objectives for each assigned OSS meeting.
- Interpret and apply scientific and clinical concepts to content development.
- Develop agenda outlines and suggest topics and potential speakers.
- Work collaboratively with Account Executives and the Planning Committee to identify and present meeting content that aligns with the needs of the target audience.
- Identifies experts in the topics of interest, interacts and collaborates as necessary for the development of meeting content.
- Review and edits all speaker presentations for quality and accuracy, and alignment with stated learning objectives and target audience.
- Write and edit CE documents to support each CE-certified meeting.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, NP) preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in medical writing, medical education, or scientific communication required.
- Good knowledge of ACCME and other relevant regulatory standards governing the development of CE activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, positively, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, at times hectic, environment with attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively/strategically and generate new ideas, while displaying a positive attitude, enthusiastic energy, and ability to have fun with team members.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and educational design is preferred.