At (c) Management, Inc. (CMI), we provide trusted and dynamic management services for associations, foundations, and non-profits in the healthcare field. Established in 1976, CMI’s first client was the Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC)—the leading education and advocacy organization for the cancer care community. CMI also manages the Oncology State Societies at ACCC—a network of 21 Chapter Members that provide a state- and regional-level focus into the complexities of cancer delivery.
The Leadership Relations Manager plays an integral role in membership engagement for the Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC), identifying and recruiting volunteers to the Board of Trustees, Committees, and education projects. The manager is responsible for ACCC volunteer leadership relations; association governance management, management of the annual awards process; and developing and cultivating a volunteer management system to drive and achieve a level of engagement that is beneficial for ACCC and its volunteers. The manager is expected to keep abreast of association trends and best practices regarding membership engagement and association governance and will work with and motivate staff and members, Boards, and Committees to achieve results. The Leadership Relations Manager is an integral member of the Membership Department, and will participate in recruitment, retention, and engagement efforts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary staff contact and support for ACCC’s Board of Trustees. This includes setting up virtual and in-person meetings; preparing meeting materials; preparing minutes; drafting agendas; planning board events and on-site logistics.
- Manage the association’s community listserv as a primary resource for member engagement.
- Work with Provider Education staff to identify and recruit subject matter experts for projects.
- Provide oversight for ACCC Fellows program, including tracking and recognition for high levels of ACCC member engagement.
- Prepare weekly high level highlights email to keep board members informed on association programs and activities.
- Facilitate orientation for new board members and committee chairs and visit new board members/executive committee members when feasible.
- Research, recommend, and implement ideas on motivating board and committee members to take an active role in the organization.
- Maintain current lists of all Committee Chairs and Board Members in CRM and on website.
- Work with President-Elect on selecting and developing President’s Theme.
- Coordinate with Membership staff for successful implementation of the annual House of Delegates meeting.
- Serve as staff liaison to ACCC Bylaws Committee and maintain ACCC’s governing documents which include the Bylaws and Policies & Procedures manual.
- Serve as staff liaison to ACCC Nominating Committee and manage all aspects of the ACCC Election and appointment process.
- Manage the process for ACCC’s three annual awards and serve as staff liaison to ACCC Awards Selection Committee as well as annual awardees.
- Prepare annual budgets for all ACCC committees; review and authorize board and committee expenses, ensure expenses are charged to correct budgets, and prepare check requests for accounting.
- Collaborate with Advisory Committee, Task Force, Working Group and Board-appointed Committee staff liaisons to update and implement processes and analyze performance of ACCC’s volunteer system.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Senior Staff to maintain and provide updates on the association’s strategic plan to the Board of Trustees.
- Assist the Executive Director on the activities of the Strategic Planning Committee; participate in the strategic planning process, provide ideas, insight, and logistical oversight.
- Manage CMI Evaluation process from preparation to compiling final reports for submission to Executive Committee for annual review.
- Maintain dashboard throughout year to track evaluation goals and update staff and volunteer leadership on status of goals.
- Actively participate in assigned CORE group (internal project team).
- Perform special assignments and other duties as directed by the Senior Director, Membership and Marketing and the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- This individual must possess excellent judgment and oral/written communications skills for extensive interactions with healthcare professionals.
- Strong organizational skills are essential to monitor multiple projects simultaneously to ensure that deliverables meet content, quality, and time standards.
- The manager represents ACCC to members and potential volunteers and must balance multiple priorities, demonstrate high initiative, and have the ability to work independently.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, resourcefulness, flexibility, a high level of professionalism and an ability to interact with staff and stakeholders at all levels are the keys to success in this role.
- Outgoing, high-energy approach to staff and volunteers; engage leadership and staff through effective and prompt actions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Windows, database applications.
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to initiate and manage multiple projects simultaneously and establish and maintain record-keeping system and files.
- Ability to travel 3-4 times per year.
- Meet required deadlines and produce high-quality accurate materials.
- Four-year college degree required.
- 5+ years working with volunteer management and association governance, including supporting boards and volunteer leadership.
- CMI requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated. Accommodation due to a disability or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law.
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off – vacation, sick, personal, and float days
- Annual salary review and growth opportunities; this position is eligible for annual merit bonus
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision plan options
- HSA with employer contribution
- Short- and long-term disability and AD&D options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite parking, gym, and cafe
CMI is committed to cultivating and preserving the culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents our culture. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.