The position of Manager, Corporate Development requires a detail-oriented person with excellent communication, written and verbal, organizational skills, and sales skills. The Manager must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while producing high-quality materials, providing excellent client relations and timely follow-up. Individual must be an articulate public speaker and be able to represent the Association and its positions accurately and effectively.
With guidance from the Senior Manager, Corporate Development, this individual will produce non-dues revenue by selling exhibits, sponsorships, and annual corporate memberships for the managed state oncology societies, as well as supporting the Senior Manager with the ACCC meetings, and other meetings requiring corporate engagement
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as primary point of contact for all current (and potential) Oncology State Society corporate members. Process all annual corporate membership requests including, but not limited to: recruitment, onboarding, benefit fulfillment, annual renewals via client portals or other means, billing, and ongoing relationship management.
- Maintain and report out on corporate member benefit fulfillment tracking as well as performing regular check ins with State Society Corporate Members. Stay up to date on and share content from our Corporate Members that would be relevant to our membership and employees.
- Review member benefits packages annually, ensuring offerings and pricing are comparable against similar market opportunities, are achievable, and meet stakeholder need and capacity.
- Work with meetings department and Oncology State Society directors to plan out corporate member and exhibitor presence onsite, including budgeting, for state society meetings, considering historical data and sponsor commitment.
- Work with Senior Manager to determine plan for selling exhibits at meetings for our clients and implement plan to successfully meet assigned targets.
- Manage and approve all communications to all state society corporate members and exhibitors, including event announcements, calls to register, reception invitations, meeting logistics, etc.
- Maintain and track records of corporate member engagement across multiple state societies for internal and external reference (including webpages); work with marketing team to approve recognition on all promotional materials (flyers, agendas, signs, scripts) for events.
- Use research to identify companies appropriate for corporate membership or other sponsorship opportunities with state societies.
- As reasonable, be on-site at two flagship ACCC meetings and some state society meetings. Responsible for exhibitor and corporate member onsite support and engagement as well as joining high-level corporate member meetings, plus any post-event follow up.
- Support Senior Manager in managing and tracking digital advertising sales.
- Accept other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this position and are not to be considered all inclusive.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5-10 years’ experience in fundraising and exhibit sales .
- Comprehensive understanding of associations, working with boards, committees, and association members
- Ability to interpret and analyze information and translate it into actionable tasks
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across assignments
- Overnight travel is required and should be expected to be between 25-30%
- Strong communications including telemarketing and written skills
- Strong research skills in determining market conditions and potential new clients
- Excellent sales call organizational skills and follow-up
- Creativity in designing new programs and in working with clients
- Requires excellent teamwork skills in dealing with internal and external clients
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Teams required; proficiency in SharePoint & CRM software – Salesforce strongly preferred; Fonteva Events experience.