Digital Content Strategist
TITLE: Digital Content Strategist
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Marketing & Communications
(C) Management, Inc. (CMI) is an accredited Association Management Company with 22 oncology related clients across the country. The Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC)—its largest, national client—is the leading education and advocacy organization for the cancer care community. We are currently seeking a Digital Content Specialist to join our dynamic team of professionals!
The key responsibility of this role is to ensure the successful execution of ACCC’s digital strategy across social media, website, podcast, and email marketing in the ACCC brand voice. This role will report to the Senior Director, Marketing & Communications, and will work with staff across departments to promote their work across all digital platforms.
This individual should be technologically-savvy, adept both strategically and tactically, with a keen eye for detail, and comfortable with planning yet changing course when required. The individual should be highly collaborative, innovative, and thoughtful in their approach to digital communications and marketing.
- Support the planning, creation, implementation, and maintenance of ACCC’S overall digital content strategy (website, social media, podcast, email, etc.) through collaboration with internal stakeholders that is based on member needs, business goals, and metrics.
- Keep up to date on the latest technologies and effective practices in managing digital content, identify potential areas of improvement, and recommend implementation strategies.
- Work closely with other teams to help raise the bar of quality content and identify innovative ways to repurpose content into blog posts, infographics, videos, journal ads, social media posts, etc. that help drive engagement and provide value to audiences.
- Be a key SEO strategy contributor by monitoring performance, making recommendations, and providing optimizations to improve search visibility, build brand awareness, and grow audiences. Perform audits to identify new opportunities and prepare analytics reports.
- Manage editorial calendar and production schedule for the CANCER BUZZ podcast (long-form, mini-podcasts, and vodcasts) to ensure deadlines are met. This involves close collaboration across teams to identify speakers, draft outlines and memos, and select related content for the show notes. Upload podcasts to website and create social media graphics and posts. Compile analytics reports and make recommendations for continued growth.
- The ability to think beyond the “tried and true” to devise creative ways to communicate and tell stories through content for social media, website, emails and newsletters, virtual and live events, and other formats, while aligning with goals and objectives.
- Uses Google Analytics and other data measurement to provide insights resulting in continuous improvement of communication practices.
- Manage the production of ACCC’s Impact Report. Help plan content and organizational layout, write copy, and ensure adherence to production timeline. Repurpose elements from Impact Report into an ongoing marketing strategy.
- Develop a strategy for (C) Management Inc.’s LinkedIn account to help position CMI as a leading Association Management Company in the healthcare space through promotion of its people and projects.
- Collaborate with external partners to develop joint communication tactics for special projects, such as publishing content/ad copy/videos on external partner platforms, writing columns for outside journals, and identifying new opportunities.
- Other marketing duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in cross-departmental CORE Group—contributing ideas, expertise, and collaborative effort on a wide range of activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, writing, or related field. A minimum of five years’ experience with proven expertise in developing cross-channel digital communications programs. A background in healthcare, foundation, non-profits, or an association environment is a plus.
- Excellent writing, editing, communication, organization, and project management skills are essential.
- The ability to present ideas in an organized, efficient, and effective manner that results in clear understanding and action.
- The ability to understand target audiences and translate a wide variety of concepts into clear and engaging content for a multidisciplinary healthcare audience will be critical for success in this role.
- Possess strategic thinking, critical reasoning, and expert judgment, as well as the ability to analyze issues and opportunities.
- Proven experience with content management systems, online content strategy, implementation, assessment, and project management.
- Working knowledge of social media publishing, email marketing, and design platforms, and project management and communications tools (Social Sprout, Act-on, SmartSheet, Asana, Canva, Microsoft Teams) and an aptitude for learning other digital platforms as needed.
- Experience with data and analytics across web and social campaigns.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiarity with principles of page layout and design is helpful.
- Familiarity with principles of usability and user experience design is helpful.
- Flexible, adaptable, and collegial.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- High level of initiative, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
This is a full-time position based out of the Rockville, MD office.
(c) Management, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life and AD&D insurance, Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability, and a Health Saving Account Plan. Paid vacation, sick, and personal days, holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan, a Tuition Reimbursement benefit, free parking and more!
For consideration, please submit a resume with cover letter and salary expectations to: HR@c-managementinc.com.