Senior Director of Healthcare Education Development
Full Job Description:
The Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC) is the leading education and advocacy organization for the cancer care community. Founded in 1974, ACCC represents a powerful network of more than 28,000 multidisciplinary practitioners nationwide. As advances in cancer screening and diagnosis, treatment options, and care delivery models continue to evolve—so has ACCC—adapting its resources to meet the changing needs of the entire oncology care team.
This position will report to the Chief Development and Strategy Officer, the Senior Director of Healthcare Education Development leads the Development Team, develops, and implements fundraising strategy, manages relationships with external and internal partners and is responsible for the overall budget attainment for OSS and ACCC clients. This “player-coach” role has individual revenue responsibility as well as strategic planning, budget attainment, motivating and leading Development Team and seeking out opportunities for financial support through grants and sponsorships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and operate annual budget
- Implement and evolve the strategic plan for budget attainment in the areas of fundraising, evaluating existing programs, recommending new offerings consistent with the mission and goals of CMI clients.
- Works collaboratively and proactively with the Education Team, Marketing Team, Meetings, OSS Team, Finance, State Boards
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems
- Coordinate and lead internal project/proposal updates
- Regularly reports status to the CDO and internal staff
- Evaluate and assist with responses to Request for Proposals
- Daily management of the Development team
- Actively participate in cross-departmental CORE Group—contributing ideas, expertise, and collaborative effort on a wide range of activities.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- Have nonprofit healthcare leadership with fundraising experience
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA, MHA). Other experience includes, but is not limited to, revenue producing team leadership, public relations, prospecting, business development and negotiation.
- Experience securing significant ($1mil+), sustained educational funding for a non-profit healthcare organization.
- 10+ years of Development/Sales/Fundraising experience.
- 5+ years leading a Development staff (remote staff leadership experience preferred)
- Grant writing experience preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal working relationships.
- Persuasive writing, strong verbal communication and the ability to interact at the executive level are other key qualifications.
- Strong relationship management skills, communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external staff, members, partner organizations, and funders.
- Ability to work weekends and extended hours as needed (i.e, conferences and conventions) and travel up to 50%.
- Efficient home-office set-up to accommodate a flexible work schedule
- CMI requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated. Accommodation due to a disability or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- leading a Development staff: 5 years (Preferred)
- Development/Sales/Fundraising: 10 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter and resume to Angie Meers, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.