Manager, Member Volunteer Engagement
Great position for someone who desires to work for a mission-based organization, while receiving terrific benefits, a flexible schedule, and access to a free private gym and onsite parking.
At (c) Management, Inc. (CMI), our mission is to provide trusted and dynamic management services for associations, foundations, and non-profits in the healthcare field.
The Member Volunteer Engagement Manager plays an integral role in membership engagement for the Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC), identifying and recruiting volunteers to the Board of Trustees, Committees, and education projects. The manager is responsible for ACCC volunteer leadership relations; association governance management, management of the annual awards process; and developing and cultivating a volunteer management system to drive and achieve a level of engagement that is beneficial for ACCC and its volunteers. The manager is expected to keep abreast of association trends and best practices regarding membership engagement and association governance and will work with and motivate staff and members, Boards, and Committees to achieve results. The Member Volunteer Engagement Manager is an integral member of the Membership Department, and will participate in recruitment, retention, and engagement efforts.
The Association Management Account Director is responsible for leadership, direction and management of multiple Oncology State Societies. In conjunction with State Society leadership, the Account Executive will develop and implement strategies to support the mission and goals of each Society and promote revenue, profitability and growth. The Association Management Account Director maintains awareness of the Scope of Work for each Society and works collaboratively with (c) Management, Inc.(CMI) leadership and staff to ensure each Society receives quality services and products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary staff contact and support for ACCC’s Board of Trustees. This includes setting up virtual and in-person meetings; preparing meeting materials; preparing minutes; drafting agendas; planning board events and on-site logistics.
- Manage the association’s community listserv as a primary resource for member engagement.
- Work with Provider Education staff to identify and recruit subject matter experts for projects.
- Provide oversight for ACCC Fellows program, including tracking and recognition for high levels of ACCC member engagement.
Prepare weekly high level highlights email to keep board members informed on association programs and activities.
- Facilitate orientation for new board members and committee chairs and visit new board members/executive committee members when feasible.
- Research, recommend, and implement ideas on motivating board and committee members to take an active role in the organization.
Maintain current lists of all Committee Chairs and Board Members in CRM and on website.
- Work with President-Elect on selecting and developing President’s Theme.
- Coordinate with Membership staff for successful implementation of the annual House of Delegates meeting.
- Serve as staff liaison to ACCC Bylaws Committee and maintain ACCC’s governing documents which include the Bylaws and Policies & Procedures manual.
- Serve as staff liaison to ACCC Nominating Committee and manage all aspects of the ACCC Election and appointment process.
- Manage the process for ACCC’s three annual awards and serve as staff liaison to ACCC Awards Selection Committee as well as annual awardees.
- Prepare annual budgets for all ACCC committees; review and authorize board and committee expenses, ensure expenses are charged to correct budgets, and prepare check requests for accounting.
- Collaborate with Advisory Committee, Task Force, Working Group and Board-appointed Committee staff liaisons to update and implement processes and analyze performance of ACCC’s volunteer system.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Senior Staff to maintain and provide updates on the association’s strategic plan to the Board of Trustees.
- Assist the Executive Director on the activities of the Strategic Planning Committee; participate in the strategic planning process, provide ideas, insight, and logistical oversight.
- Manage CMI Evaluation process from preparation to compiling final reports for submission to Executive Committee for annual review.
- Maintain dashboard throughout year to track evaluation goals and update staff and volunteer leadership on status of goals.
- Actively participate in assigned CORE group (internal project team).
- Perform special assignments and other duties as directed by the Senior Director, Membership and Marketing and the Executive Director.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Four-year college degree required.
- 5+ years working with volunteer management and association governance, including supporting boards and volunteer leadership.
- This individual must possess excellent judgment and oral/written communications skills for extensive interactions with healthcare professionals.
- Strong organizational skills are essential to monitor multiple projects simultaneously to ensure that deliverables meet content, quality, and time standards.
- The manager represents ACCC to members and potential volunteers and must balance multiple priorities, demonstrate high initiative, and have the ability to work independently.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, resourcefulness, flexibility, a high level of professionalism and an ability to interact with staff and stakeholders at all levels are the keys to success in this role.
- Outgoing, high-energy approach to staff and volunteers; engage leadership and staff through effective and prompt actions.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Windows, database applications.
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to initiate and manage multiple projects simultaneously and establish and maintain record-keeping system and files.
- Ability to travel 3-4 times per year.
- Meet required deadlines and produce high-quality accurate materials.
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off – vacation, sick, personal, and float days
- Annual salary review and growth opportunities; this position is eligible for annual merit bonus
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision plan options
- HSA with employer contribution
- Short- and long-term disability and AD&D options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite parking, gym, and cafe
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter and resume to Angie Meers, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.