Senior Medical Writer/Editor
The Senior Medical Writer/Editor position requires advanced writing and editing skills that include the ability to translate complex clinical, programmatic, business, and policy issues into clear, concise prose accessible to a multidisciplinary audience of healthcare professionals—both clinical and non-clinical. The Senior Medical Writer/Editor creates original content as well as providing rewriting, substantive editing, and copyediting for a variety of internal and external clients. The Senior Medical Writer/Editor provides writing and editing support for content that includes, but is not limited to, clinical and programmatic reports, white papers, peer-reviewed journal articles, proceedings, websites, blogs, posters, and other print and digital collateral. The Senior Medical Writer/Editor will report to the Director, Editorial Content & Strategy.
In addition, the Senior Medical Writer/Editor assists the Editorial Content & Strategy team with strategic curation and repurposing of existing materials, and with planning, support, and coordination of cross-platform content for both corporate and client websites.
Excellent writing, editing, communication, and organization skills are essential to creating content for a multidisciplinary healthcare audience and to manage simultaneous projects and competing deadlines. Most projects require cross-departmental collaboration as well as frequent contact with healthcare professionals. Some travel to attend meetings and make author contacts will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Education: Review and edit Development proposals for clinical education projects; Participate in education project kick-off meetings and Advisory Committee calls as needed; Onboard outside writing consultants for education projects to ensure written deliverables meet project goals and client needs; Write, rewrite, and edit (substantive and copyedit), a variety of client deliverables; Prepare session summaries and reports as assigned; Provide clinical writing, editing, and/or review support as needed to Medical Director.
- Website: Work with Editorial Content & Strategy, Provider Education, and Marketing and Communications teams to develop, write, and/or update education project pages; Update, write, edit, and curate clinical and non-clinical website content as needed.
- Journal: Write, review, and/or edit ACCC education articles for publication in the journal; Author follow-up and sign-off for ACCC education articles as assigned; Review and edit other clinical articles as assigned; Idea and lead generation for feature articles; Provide editing/writing/proofreading support for the client’s bi-monthly journal as needed.
- Flagship Meetings: Write, review, and/or edit education project-related content at ACCC meetings to include session descriptions, blogs, presentation slide decks, etc.; Provide clinical writing, editing, and/or review support as needed (i.e., for ASCO Direct™ programming); Prepare session summaries and reports as needed, with an emphasis on education project-related content.
- Blog: Work with Provider Education Project Managers to assign, write, edit, and/or review blogs for education projects; Work with Blog Editor to maintain blog calendar and meet assigned deliverable dates; Other support as needed, including idea and lead generation.
- Podcast/Webcast: Provide support as needed to education project-related podcasts and webcasts, including idea and lead generation.
- Work with client committees as assigned.
- Actively participate in assigned CORE Group.
- Assist and support other CMI activities, staff, and clients to maintain an informed, efficient, and timely workflow.
- Oncology Advanced Practitioner (PharmD, NP, CNS, PA), RN, MSN, PhD with 5+ years of professional experience in oncology therapeutics, oncology management services, oroncology-specific education development.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in medical/health writing and editing, including clinical content and review; project management; and writing for digital media.
- Familiarity with Chicago style and proofreader marks.
- Experience with an LMS (learning management system), CMS (content management system), and aptitude for learning other digital platforms as needed.
- Ability to work well with multiple staff, clients, and vendors to meet deadlines, handle a diverse workload, and produce high-quality materials.
- Communicates effectively with team members, as well as healthcare professionals including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, administrators, and vendors.
- Demonstrates creative abilities and initiative in collaboration with other staff. S/he should be team oriented as well as have the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of oncology and healthcare policy.
(c) Management, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life and AD&D insurance, Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability, and a Health Saving Account Plan. Paid vacation, sick, and personal days, holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan, a Tuition Reimbursement benefit, free parking and more! For consideration, please submit a resume with cover letter and salary expectations to: HR@c-managementinc.com.