At (c) Management, Inc. (CMI), we provide trusted and dynamic management services for associations, foundations, and non-profits in the healthcare field. Established in 1976, CMI’s first client was the Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC)—the leading education and advocacy organization for the cancer care community. CMI also manages the Oncology State Societies at ACCC—a network of 21 Chapter Members that provide a state- and regional-level focus into the complexities of cancer delivery.
The Senior Medical Writer/Editor position requires advanced writing and editing skills that include the ability to translate complex clinical, programmatic, business, and policy issues into clear, concise prose accessible to a multidisciplinary audience of healthcare professionals—both clinical and non-clinical. The Senior Medical Writer/Editor creates original content, as well as provides rewriting, substantive editing, and copyediting for a variety of internal and external clients. The Senior Medical Writer/Editor also provides writing and editing support for content that includes (but is not limited to) clinical and programmatic reports, white papers, peer-reviewed journal articles, meeting proceedings, websites, blogs, posters, and other print and digital collateral. The Senior Medical Writer/Editor will report to the Senior Director, Editorial Content & Strategy.
In addition, the Senior Medical Writer/Editor assists the Editorial Content & Strategy team with curating and repurposing existing materials and with planning, supporting, and coordinating cross-platform content for both corporate and client websites.
Excellent writing, editing, organizational, and communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and competing deadlines. Most projects require cross-departmental collaboration, as well as frequent contact with healthcare professionals. Some travel to attend meetings and make author contacts is required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and edit development proposals for clinical education projects
- Participate in education project kick-off meetings
- Participate in bi-weekly interdepartmental calls on status of education projects/deliverables
- Oversee the editorial processes necessary to develop, create, and finalize written deliverables for clients
- Help recruit, vet, and engage freelance writers for education projects and oversee their work to completion
- Maintain quality control throughout the editorial process to ensure written deliverables meet project goals and client needs
- Write, rewrite, and edit a variety of client deliverables, including web copy, reports, articles, blog posts, webinars, slide decks, and others
- Write articles for other journals (ACCC editorial partners) as assigned
- Develop, write, and/or update web pages for individual education projects
- Update and curate clinical and non-clinical website content as needed
- Write, review, and/or edit articles for publication in the journal, Oncology Issues, with a focus on ACCC education project-related articles
- Assign articles to oncology clinicians and non-clinicians and edit/oversee their work
- Ghostwrite articles as needed
- Generate ideas and leads for feature articles
- Flagship Meetings:
- Write, review, and edit education project-related content for ACCC meetings, including session descriptions, blogs, presentation slide decks, etc.
- Provide clinical writing, editing, and review support as needed (i.e., for ASCO Direct™ programming)
- Prepare session summaries and reports as needed, with an emphasis on education project-related content
- Work with the blog editor to maintain an editorial calendar and write and edit blog posts as needed
- Work with the blog editor and education project managers to assign, write, edit, and/or review blog posts for education projects
- Other support as needed, including idea and lead generation
- Provide support as needed to education project-related podcasts, vodcasts, and webcasts, including idea and lead generation.
- Work with client committees as assigned
- Actively participate in assigned CORE Group
- Assist with other CMI activities
- Support staff and clients to maintain an informed, efficient, and timely workflow
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in medical/healthcare writing and editing, including creating and reviewing clinical content.
- Excellent, proven writing and editing skills.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with external authors on writing deliverables.
- Experience writing for digital media, including blogs, web pages, and social media.
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style.
- Ability to work well with multiple staff, clients, and vendors to meet deadlines, handle a diverse workload, and produce high-quality materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, administrators, and vendors.
- Proven ability to work well within team environments as well as independently.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Knowledge of oncology and healthcare policy.
- Experience with an LMS (learning management system), CMS (content management system), and aptitude for learning other digital platforms as needed.
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO
- Candidates who have a degree in clinical oncology (e.g., PharmD, NP, CNS, PA, RN, MSN, PhD).
- Candidates who have professional experience in oncology therapeutics, oncology management services, or oncology-specific education development.
- Efficient home-office set-up to accommodate flexible work schedule.
- CMI requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated. Accommodation due to a disability or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law.
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off – vacation, sick, personal, and float days
- Annual salary review and growth opportunities; this position is eligible for annual merit bonus
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision plan options
- HSA with employer contribution
- Short- and long-term disability and AD&D options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite parking, gym, and cafe
CMI is committed to cultivating and preserving the culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents our culture. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.