Established in 1976 as ELM Services, Inc., our first client was the then newly founded Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC). In 2007, ELM Services was acquired by two long-time employees, President and CEO, Christian G. Downs, JD, MHA, and Vice President, Lois Utterback, CPA, and renamed (c) Management, Inc. (CMI).
Our company has delivered more than 40 years of uninterrupted service for ACCC. Through advances in cancer care, an evolving healthcare infrastructure, and turbulence in the U.S. healthcare system, the expertise of CMI consistently provides a bedrock of support to foster client strength and growth. Today ACCC has a diverse membership of 25,000 multidisciplinary professionals who work in more than 2,100 hospitals and practices nationwide.
At the state level, (c) Management, Inc., has expanded services to manage 19 state medical oncology societies.
Since 2011 CMI has held continuous accreditation from the AMC Institute, the global trade association representing the association management industry. Of the estimated 600 association management companies globally, less than 14% have received AMCI Accreditation. To achieve accreditation, association management companies must demonstrate that they meet or surpass the AMCI/ANSI Standards of Good Practice. Accreditation signifies our company’s ongoing commitment to maintaining the highest level of professional management services to association and not-for-profit clients.
Our Core Values
Our workplace fosters learning, growth, and community. We affirm our core values of:
- Financial Strength
What Have We Done for Our Clients Lately?
By the Numbers:
- Exceeded revenue goal by more than 10%
- Increased fund balance by more than 10%
- Exceeded meeting attendance goals by more than 10%
- Increased social media followers by more than 17%
- Surpassed goal for media coverage by more than 100%
- Engaged client membership in advocacy – tripling the goal for member visits to Capitol Hill or related federal agency
- Achieved retention rates of up to 93% and exceeded goals for membership growth
- Created successful marketing strategies and implemented multi-pronged approaches to promote client resources and events
- Delivered newly designed websites by working collaboratively with clients to conduct needs assessment, market research, and usability testing
- Leveraged technology to improve client membership experience for webinars and national conferences
- Identified new sources of revenue for all clients
- Connected to client membership through more outreach and engagement with members than ever before—making personal connections in one-on-one phone calls and in-person conversations
- Achieved exceptional rating on client evaluation of publications
- Engaged in collaborations with outside organizations, rated “exceptional” in client evaluation